rFindery collects the following types of information:
- Information You Provide to Us
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, phone number, IP address, password and other information you provide us.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as taxpayer identification number to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or company certificate of good standing or photo or a billing statement.
- General Audience Service: The Service is general audience and intended for users age 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that rFindery has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: support@rFindery.com.
- Non-Identifying Information/Usernames: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Service, and general project-related data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from rFindery registered and non-registered users (together, “rFindery Users”).
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name), but the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but rFindery will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- Collection of Third Party Personal Information: We collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or customers: First, last name and email address when you provide it to us.
- Information Received from Third Parties
- Information Collected from Users Automatically
We and our third party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Service.
The technology used to collect information automatically from rFindery Users may include the following:
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how rFindery Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
- User Profiles
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to other rFindery Users and the general public (but only as described in Community Forums below) subject to the privacy choices you make within your rFindery Profile. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account and may choose to limit who is able to view certain content you post to your Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at support@rFindery.com.
- Community Forums
The Service may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features and through other communication functionality (“Community Forums”). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, “User Forum Content”). Please note that certain information, such as your name and Profile may be publicly displayed on the Service along with your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to our Terms of Service and rFindery Forum Rules which may from time to time be published..
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@rFindery.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied rFindery Users on our Service, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support@rFindery.com.
- Social Networking Services
You may register to join the Service directly via the Service or by logging into your account with a third party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Service (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with the Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the Service to your account with an SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and rFindery is not responsible for it.
The rFindery Service also may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating rFindery to pay any fees or making rFindery subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your rFindery account and your SNS account at any time though the “Settings” section of our Service. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your rFindery account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Many websites and online services do not alter their practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. RFINDERY honors Do Not Track signals, and we Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. In addition, we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- to enable you to access and use the Site and Service and to provide and improve the Service, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid, to contact you with administrative communications and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and Service, rFindery’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Site and Service, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you and to tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Service and elsewhere online;
- to send you rFindery newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of rFindery or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about rFindery or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices and Opting Out section, below;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by rFindery or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes between rFindery Users or that we may have with any rFindery User, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- to administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent;
- to enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of rFindery or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity; and
Unless you request that we delete certain information (see Your Choices and Opting Out section, below), we retain the information we collect for at least 5 years and may retain the information as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of rFindery’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: rFindery will share information with government agencies as required by law. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of rFindery or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify rFindery Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- Internal and Business Transfers: rFindery may share information, including Personal Information, with its subsidiaries and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions: We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
rFindery works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. You may also opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising, and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Registered rFindery Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received. Registered rFindery Users who access the Service by using an rFindery mobile application may, with permission, receive push notifications. Similarly, registered rFindery Users who access the Service by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences can be modified in the settings menu for the mobile application or the applicable browser.
- CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
Upon request rFindery will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting rFindery through your online account. If you request to access all Personal Information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so by contacting us at support@rFindery.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Service even if you close your account, including messages you posted to the Service. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor rFindery can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service.
rFindery takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about rFindery Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our rFindery Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, rFindery cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
rFindery protects personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The profile you create on our site will not be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. Your profile and Personal Information may be shared with certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to rFindery. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be rFindery, please report it at support@rFindery.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: support@rFindery.com or write to us at the following mailing address:
800 N 3rd Street, #437
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401.
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- EEA/CH SAFE HARBOR
IMPORTANT: When you use the Service, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries. We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
If you are located in the EEA or in Switzerland, please also see our Safe Harbor Notice below:
GENERAL EEA/CH SAFE HARBOR NOTICE
Effective February 1, 2017
SCOPE OF SAFE HARBOR CERTIFICATION
rFindery Inc. (“we”) recognize(s) that the European Community has established a data protection regime pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC (the “Directive”). The Directive applies to the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Switzerland has also established a data protection regime pursuant to the Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”). These regimes restrict companies in the EEA and Switzerland (collectively, “EEA/CH”) from transferring personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH to the United States, unless there is “adequate protection” for such personal data when it is received in the United States. To create such “adequate protection” and allow its subsidiaries and business partners to overcome the restriction on international data transfers established by the Directive and the FADP, rFindery Inc. adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles published by US Department of Commerce (“Safe Harbor Principles”) with respect to personal data about individuals in the EEA/CH that subsidiaries, customers and other business partners in the EEA/CH send to rFindery Inc. (“EEA/CH Data”). More information on the Safe Harbor Principles and rFindery Inc. scope of participation is available at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
SCOPE OF THIS NOTICE
This Notice applies to EEA/CH Data relating to data subjects residing in the EEA/CH (“EEA/CH Persons”) rFindery Inc. receives from affiliated and unaffiliated companies, customers and business partners, via our European-facing websites. This Notice and our Safe Harbor registration does not apply to data received through www.rFindery. This Notice does not apply to personal data that we receive in the context of employment with rFindery Inc. or one of our subsidiaries; separate notices address such excepted situations. The English language version of this Notice constitutes the operative version of this Notice, and any translated versions are provided as a convenience.
CATEGORIES OF EEA/CH DATA
We receive certain information from users of our Service, including current and former hosts, guests and members of the public who may search our platform, and from individual representatives of rFindery Inc. corporate business partners, such as service providers, vendors and suppliers. Such EEA/CH Data includes, without limitation, names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, internet addresses, and any other personal data that are affirmatively provided to rFindery Inc. in order to provide the Service or manage our business relationships.
We collect and use EEA Data for purposes of providing the Site and Service to our Users, transmitting marketing emails and performing other marketing activities, and conducting related tasks for legitimate business purposes.
We share EEA/CH Data with our subsidiaries, affiliates and contractors. We also share EEA/CH Data with other third parties as instructed by us and in order to comply with our binding contracts and as required or permitted by law. With respect to marketing e-mails from rFindery Inc., EEA/CH Persons may opt-out by submitting an e-mail request to support@rFindery.com with “Opt-Out” in the subject line, or by following opt-out instructions that are contained in each marketing email. EEA/CH Persons may also send an email to this address to ask to opt-out of disclosures to third parties, but such a limitation on data sharing may make it difficult or impossible for rFindery Inc. to provide the Service. We may also disclose EEA/CH Data if legally required or permitted by law and we have a legitimate business interest in such disclosure.
ACCESS AND REVIEW
EEA/CH Persons whose EEA/CH Data rFindery holds as a data controller may request access to, and the opportunity to update, correct or delete some or all of the EEA/CH Data that rFindery holds about them. To submit such requests or raise any other questions, please contact the rFindery Safe Harbor Contact as described below. rFindery reserves the right to take appropriate steps to authenticate an applicant’s identity, charge an adequate fee before providing access and deny requests, except as required by the Safe Harbor Principles.
SAFE HARBOR CONTACT
Please e-mail any comments or questions regarding our safe harbor compliance to support@rFindery.com. If you have a comment or question that cannot be resolved with rFindery directly, you may contact the competent local data protection authority in your EEA/CH Member State if it falls within the scope of this Notice. As stated above, the English language version of this Notice constitutes the operative version of this Notice, and any translated versions are provided as a convenience.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1 You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your rFindery account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage: (a) some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your rFindery account profile; (b) your activities on the Service may be displayed to your Friends on that third party site; (c) other rFindery Users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable; (d) other rFindery Users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and (e) the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes. The publication and display of information that you provide to rFindery through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Service and the third party site.
- We may also engage third party companies and individuals, who may be located outside of the EEA, to provide services to us, including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request. We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- For any jurisdiction in which we facilitate the Collection and Remittance of Taxes, Users expressly grant us permission, without further notice, to store, transfer and disclose data and other information relating to them or to their Transactions and Taxes, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information such as name, addresses, transaction dates and amounts, tax identification number(s), the amount of taxes received, or allegedly due, contact information and similar information, to the relevant Tax Authority.
- We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
800 N 3rd Street, #437
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401.